Requirements for Admission to the University of Tehran as an International Student:
(You are considered as an international student, if you are a non-Iranian having a foreign passport)
- Applying for a Bachelor´s Degree:
Holding a secondary high school certificate or diploma with a minimum GPA of 14 out of 20 (2.8 out of 4.0).
- Applying for a Master´s Degree:
Holding a B.A or B.Sc degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 14 out of 20 (2.8 out of 4.0).
- Applying for a Ph.D Degree:
Holding an M.A or M.Sc degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 14 out of 20 (2.8 out of 4.0).
All Applicants are requested to provide:
- Completed application form (available at: http://www.ut.ac.ir/Files/ApplicationForm UT.xls).
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your educational capabilities (it must be sealed in an envelope and signed across the back flap).
- Three copies of official transcripts translated into English (see note below).
- Three copies of applicant´s passport or Identification card.
- Three recent photographs
- Approval letter of financial support.
- The fee for initial screening of the students' applications forms should be paid in person on desk at International Students Admission Office:
- Undergraduate (USD 50)
- Master (USD 60)
- Doctorate (USD 70)
- After receiving Admission Letter, Please submit the original documents signed and sealed by Iranian Diplomatic Mission in your country.
- Application Materials should be submitted in one package
- For further information, please send an inquiry to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
"International Students" Office of Admissions Contact Info.:
- Address: "International Students" Office of Admissions, 3rd Floor, University of Tehran , Central Administration Building , Corner of 16 Azar Street, Enqelab Eslami Avenue, Tehran, I.R. of Iran.
- Tel.: +98 (21) 61112636, +98 (21) 61113261, +98 (21) 66959755, +98 (21) 66959743
- Email: email@example.com
- I.R. of Iran Code: 98
- Tehran Code: 21
Please note that the medium of Instruction for all courses is Persian so that all students should have a good command of Persian Language for studying in the University of Tehran. Otherwise they should attend some Persian Language classes held in International Center for Persian Studies for 3 months at least.
The contact information of the center is as follows:
- Website: icps.ut.ac.ir
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +98 (21) 22717120, 22711902
- Address: Dehkhoda Lexicon Institute & International Center for Persian Studies, Vali-e-Asr Ave., Pesyan Bus Stop, Shemiran, Tehran, Iran.