Useful Information for International Students
Around 1200 International students are studying for a degree at the University of Tehran. Which are:
- Male: %66; Female: %34
- Bachelor's: %7; Master's: %74; PhD's: %19
- Countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Japan, China, Syria, Moldavia, Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, Singapore, America, Australia, Pakistan, Netherlands, Korea, Armenia, Italy, Canada, France, Bahrain, UK, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Russia, Denmark, Senegal, Lebanon, Mexico, India, Germany, Egypt, Taiwan, Romania, Slovakia, Pakistan, Croatia, Nigeria, Oman, Serbia, Slovenia, Vietnam, Georgia, Sudan
- Accommodation: The University of Tehran has a furnished guest house near the main campus which is available for visiting scholars. Information about rates and availability can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foreign applicants who wish to apply for admission:
- For admission to degree programs, applicants should send their inquiries to email@example.com for the attention of the International Students Office. Detailed information is available at http://www.ut.ac.ir/en (admission section).
- For a short term: (one or two semester) stay at the University of Tehran, applicants may send their requests to the Office of International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For certificate in Persian language, applicants may send their requests to email@example.com for the attention of the International Center for Persian Studies.
- For sabbatical leave or research stay at the University of Tehran, applicants may correspond with the Office of International Relations or with the corresponding college/faculty directly.
- Foreign visitors who wish their visa to be arranged by the University of Tehran should correspond with the respective college/faculty/institute. They will be asked to fill out a visa form, and after confirmation, their visa will be processed with the help of the Office of International Relations.
- Requests for the verification of degrees issued by the University of Tehran should be addressed to the General Office of Academic Affairs (Undergraduate), or General Office of Post-Graduate Studies, located at Enghelab Avenue, 16 Azar Street (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The comprehensive University of Tehran Prospectus is available at the following address in PDF format.
- If there is any further question, please contact Office of International Relations at email@example.com .
Further information can be obtained from the website of the University of Tehran at http://www.ut.ac.ir/en.
Learning Persian Language
The world most prestigious institute for teaching Persian Language to international students is "International Center for Persian Studies" (ICPS) known as Dehkhoda. ICPS as a body of the University of Tehran, was established in 1989 by the late Professor Shahidi, the Director of Dehkhoda Institute. ICPS presents various courses of Persian language for all levels of Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced, and also courses on History of Persian Language and Literature, History of Persian Art, Classical Poetry, Classical Prose, Contemporary Poetry, Contemporary Prose, Prosody and Calligraphy. Foreign students, Iranian nationals and Iranian applicants from abroad, foreigners residing in Iran, and non-Iranian students who study at Iranian universities may apply for the programs.
Persian Language Courses (3 and 5 days a week) include Elementary I , Elementary II (only for 5 days program), Intermediate I, Intermediate II, Advanced.
- Literature and Art Semesters include Classical Poetry, Classical Prose, Contemporary Poetry, Contemporary Prose, Prosody, Calligraphy, Hafez, Shahnameh, Golestan, Molana.
For detail information, please see the Services tab,accomodation or visit http://icps.ut.ac.ir.